This Monday (Jan. 1), we will be hosting a Legal Holiday Learning Program. The program is dedicated in memory of Roger Marks, z”l.
Shacharis will begin at 8:00 followed by a deluxe breakfast. Rabbi Stulberger will give a shiur at 9:30, Rabbi Davidowitz will give a shmuess at 10:15, and you can be on your way home by 10:30. All the details are below.
Rabbi Stulberger will be arriving in Israel on Thursday, January 18. There are a number of events for alumni:
- Boys Division Alumni Dinner – Tuesday, January 23, 8:00 PM at 71 Shmuel HaNavi (spouses welcome).
- Girls Division Alumni Dinner – Wednesday, January 24, 8:00 PM at 71 Shmuel HaNavi (spouses welcome).
- Shabbaton for Girls Division alumni (first and second year in Israel) in Ramat Beit Shemesh on Parashas Bo (January 19-20).
- Shabbaton for Boys Division alumni at Medrash Shmuel on Parashas Beshalach (January 26-27)
- Speech by Rabbi Stulberger at Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim – Motzaei Shabbos, January 29, 10:00 PM
- Va’ad by Rabbi Stulberger at Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim – Thursday, January 25, 10:30 PM
Rabbi Stulberger will be speaking at many Yeshivos and Seminaries during his stay. He can be reached at 052-569-0191 or 818-398-6277.
We are heartbroken to inform you of the untimely, sudden passing of Jennifer Alkon A”H, wife of our alumnus, Zvi Alkon (y”blc).
The funeral will take place today (Wednesday) at 3:00 PM at Phoenix Memorial Park in Arizona.
Shiva in Los Angeles will start Thursday morning at the home of Rabbi & Mrs. Rosenbluth (5206 Bellaire Ave.)
7:45 AM Shacharis
4:30 PM Mincha
May the mourners be comforted amongst the mourners of Tzion and Yerushalayim.
Rabbi Davidowitz makes time for each student. He can be seen walking to the mini-mart for an Icee® with students multiple times a day. He connects to our boys on the basketball court, sitting at his piano, and, of course, in his classroom. His warm demeanor helps our students open up to him about their concerns and fears; and his quick smile puts them at ease.
Rabbi Davidowitz is the most recent addition to our Judaic staff, joining us three years ago, but he has already made a significant impact on our students. He was just promoted to be an Assistant Principal where his talents will be put to even greater use.
Rabbi Davidowitz is just one reason to choose Valley Torah.
At the end of the Chanukah Chagigah, academic awards were bestowed upon the young men that excelled in learning and in middos.
Nissim Black drove straight from the airport to Valley Torah to tell our boys his amazing story.
The Girls Chanukah Chagigah had a Mexican theme. Ole!