This is the latest segment of the weekly video series from Rabbi Stulberger – You’ve Been Called to the Dean’s Office. This week it’s Skyped in from the Dean’s East Coast Office in Camp Mogen Avraham. This week’s message: “We Have to Adjust to Them.”
Recruiting for next year’s freshman classes is wrapping up. Baruch Hashem, both the Girls and Boys Divisions ninth grade classes are nearly full and we are proud of the exceptional students that are enrolled. Last week, a “Meet & Greet” for new Girls Division families was held at the home of Mr. Jonathan Kawas. Last night, a “Meet & Greet” was held for Boys Division freshmen families at the home of Dr. Uri (’80) & Efrat Zisblatt.
We would like to wish a mazel tov to the VTHS alumni that graduated from Yeshiva University this year: Yehuda Silbermintz (’08), Daniel Hekmat (’10), Yitzi Frankel (’06), and Dovie Hoffman (’08).
Weddings & Engagements
- Ariel Wohlfarth [’07] to Tzivia Gettinger
- Akiva Leyton [’04] to Chaya Rochel Greif
- Aaron Rosenblatt [’08] to Miriam Gurfinkal
- Aaron Rubenstein [’08] to Elisheva Fogel
- Elisha Kramer [’10] to Tehilla Gabay
- Hannah Robin  to Simcha Stern
- Akiva Miller [’09] to Sarah Tova Snyder
- Dena (Lerner [’01]) Greenspan – a girl
- Dan Banafsheha [’99] – a girl
- Hillel Kamionsky [’00] – a boy
- Jonathan Samuels [’95] – a boy
- Behzad [’00] & Yemina (Barkey [’02]) Souferzadeh – a boy
- Daniel R’bibo [’97] – a girl
- Moshe Bloch [’06] – a boy
- Eliot Kaufman [’03] – a boy
- Eli Kamionski [’04] – twins, a boy & a girl
- Moshe Kinsbursky [’03] – a boy
- Gavi Sytner [’03] – a boy
- Mimi (Joseph [’96]) Uvsitzky – a girl
- Sharon (Khoubian [’00]) Huffman – a boy
- Jeremy Blinder [’04] – a boy
- Tzvi Simon [’97] – a girl
- Alan Ardestani [’97] – a girl
- Benny Malkin [’02} – a boy
- David Rackliff [’99] – a girl
- Jocelynn (Joseph [’97]) Miller – a boy
- Natan Alyeshmerani [BMNA] – a boy
- Jonathan Michel [’05] – a girl
- Morris [’99] & Dana (Akva [’99]) Lalezarian – a girl
- Mazel Tov to Gene [’80] & Rosy (Pinchuk [’82]) Fogel on the birth of a grandson to their children Rocheli & Yaki Bryks.
- Mazel Tov to Fred [’82] & Stella (Fogel [’83]) Wohlfarth on the engagement of their son Ariel [’07] to Tzivia Gettinger.
- Mazel Tov to Reuven & Yehudis (Schultz [’80]) Orloff on the birth of a grandson to their children Yaakov & Esti Orloff and a granddaughter to their children Chesky & Lieba Rodkin.
- Feigelstock family on the passing of Roslyn Heller.
- Rome family on the passing of Uriel Rome.
- Israel family on the passing of Catherine Israel.
- Held family on the passing of Marcia Berman.
- Bayar family on the passing of Dan Bayar.
- Sherman family on the passing of Ellen Schwartz.
- Abrams & Sobel families on the passing of Marilyn Abrams.
- Herskowitz & Yellin families on the passing of Sol Rosenfeld.
Over thirty alumni and friends participated in this month’s Business Networking Breakfast. For many, this was the second breakfast they attended. For some, this was their first time at a VTHS business event. After everyone introduced themselves, Paul Cohen spoke about how the challenges of remaining frum in the big-business, sports and entertainment industries can be managed. Many people lingered after the event to talk business and share contacts. We heard numerous comments from participants about how the last event successfully connected them to new business opportunities.
This is the latest segment of the weekly video series from Rabbi Stulberger – You’ve Been Called to the Dean’s Office. It’s a short (four minute) message on a timely Torah topic. This week’s message: “Constant Humility.”
The Boys Division was treated to breakfast at the end of the year award ceremony and siyum.
The consensus opinion is that the VTHS Trustees Dinner 2013 was the best Trustees Dinner ever! The venue (the Liberman’s Backyard) was gorgeous. The tables were set beautifully. The weather was perfect. The program ran smoothly (and quickly). And, of course, the food was delicious (and plentiful). The pictures below tell the entire story.
Elections were held for Student Council officers and representatives. The winners are…
President: Tal Shemen
VP: Yakov Stone
Secretary: Noam Nutkiewicz
Treasurer: Maor Ben-Haroch
Historian: Brian Paknoosh
11th Grade Rep: Julian Gershon
10th Grade Rep: Jonathan Kiaei
12th Grade Reps: Doni Dror and Boruch Allison
This is the latest segment of the weekly video series from Rabbi Stulberger – You’ve Been Called to the Dean’s Office. It’s a short (four minute) message on a timely Torah topic. This week’s message: “Pride Before the Fall.”